The mission of Waverly Hematology Oncology is to enhance and improve the health and well-being of our patients through personalized, competent, and compassionate care and research in an environment committed to honesty, excellence, and teamwork.
We are a non-hospital-based community clinic that practices sophisticated, personalized medicine.
- Our providers are highly trained, experienced, and are well-regarded in the medical community.
- Our providers possess strong scientific backgrounds, including laboratory research, and the innate curiosity to stay on the cutting edge of cancer treatment.
- Dr. Graham has a long-standing research interest in cancer genetics. We were the first Wake County clinic to offer on-site genetic counseling and have had a continuous program since 2004.
- As an independent practice, our providers will refer you to their preferred choice of doctors and services in the Triangle and beyond.
- With Waverly’s expansion in August 2015, we opened Wake County’s first formal cancer Survivor Clinic.
We will call you by your name and not by a number.
- Because we are a smaller, community-based practice, we get to know everyone individually. From the front desk to the infusion clinic, from the treatment room to the Survivor Clinic, you are known by name.
- Our physicians will tailor your treatment plan based not only on the most current research, but also on your individual needs.
- We pair you with a physician assistant who will collaborate with your physician to deliver quality, compassionate care.
- While you are receiving treatment, we will pair you with a “primary” nurse who will deliver your treatments and handle your questions or concerns. This nurse will be your advocate, and your “go-to” person during treatment.
- Our clinic strives to promote community to achieve both healing and wellness.
We practice in a convenient location providing comprehensive cancer care.
- We are centrally located at the intersection of two major highways, Route 1 and Highway 64 (Tryon Road). You can get to us from anywhere.
- Free and hassle-free parking is located directly adjacent to our facility with walk-up access both at the front and rear of the building.
- We have thought of our disabled patients. Automatic entry doors are on every step of your journey from your car to our clinic.
- 300 Ashville Avenue houses partner providers of sophisticated cancer services, including diagnostic radiology, breast imaging, and radiation oncology.
We can save you money with your cancer treatment by avoiding additional hospital system costs, and by providing you with financial guidance through your journey.
- In contrast to hospital-owned clinics, we do not charge an additional fee for operating costs, called “facility fees”.
- We deliver your care in a cost-effective, independent clinic.
- We are committed to accepting all insurance plans that are open to us.
- We have a financial counselor on-site who is available to meet you face-to-face to help you understand your bill and make payment arrangements.
- Our counselors will go the extra mile to determine if you qualify for any financial assistance programs.
We support participation in clinical trials.
- We are committed to increasing the 2% of adult cancer patients participating in clinical trials, thereby promoting greater understanding and awareness of clinical research and the role it plays in your health.
- Experienced clinical trial personnel are here to help you make an informed decision about clinical research participation.
- We believe carefully conducted trials are the safest and fastest way to find treatments that work.
- We can help you find a quality cancer clinical trial at another location if one is not available in our clinic.